Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Mon Mar 5, 2001  11:01 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Help- question for the list

Tommy LoMonaco runs T.O.M.I. (theater opera music institute)
if memory serves, but I don't know if he's still with us.
I auditioned for him long ago in the mid 80's at the T.O.M.I.
studios on West 72nd St. Manhattan. He runs (ran?) the studio
with his brother Tony(?).

I didn't study voice with him - I just wanted to get on "the boards"
& work on scenes...he was nice enough to let me in on a
couple of workshops. So I cannot elaborate on the technique
issue - but at least you have an idea of the shop he ran (runs)
in NYC. I can assure - he doesn't remember from Adam, Bill or
George - for that matter.
Good luck!