Vocalist.org archive

From:  taylor23f@h...
taylor23f@h...
Date:  Fri Feb 23, 2001  1:04 am
Subject:  Re: NATS quote about RM

Lloyd wrote:

>I am interested in your quote from
> the NATS Journal about Richard Miller because the Journal has
>always been so very careful to avoid any comments about
>personalities as should be the case for any learned journal. Can
>you give me more information about the journal number and page of
>the quote. I will write them to request that they maintain or
>return to their former policy in this regard.

Lloyd and list,

Your reply is much appreciated. I too think that NATS should be
careful about how they word certain things. These kinds of comments
lead only to misunderstandings. When I showed Dr. Austin that
comment he was rather taken aback. When we consider that fact that
Stephen work for 7 years with Titze to attain the Voice Science Ph.D-
his reaction was warranted. Not to mention the fact that Stephen was
one of Ingo's star students- the foreword to Ingo's "Principles of
Voice Production" will attest to this.

The quote may be found on p. 71, column 3 of the Jan/Feb 2001
issue.

And thanks again Lloyd- I can always count on your keen sense of
ethical judgement!

Taylor L. Ferranti
Doctoral Candidate in Vocal Pedagogy
Louisiana State University