Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Mon Feb 12, 2001  11:05 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: My post

Dear Vocalisters:

I was humored by Caio's post and couldn't resist replying in kind.
Sorry if that was confusing. I know I don't usually exhibit much
humor on this list.

As a side note, I was remembering some research that was conducted in
Minneapolis about the effects on the unborn when their mothers sing.
If I remember the research correctly a group of expectant mothers and
fathers were encouraged to attend a class that taught them old
favorite folk songs which they were encouraged to sing around the
house for the months of expectation. Each of the children born in
this environment were musical and able to sing at an early age. The
impetus to begin this experiment was the realization that most of
that generation seldom sing but instead listen to rock and pops on
radio or CD. It was as if a generation of singing children needed a
generation of singing parents and a skip in a generation or two could
have deleterious effects on the following generations.

Perhaps that being in the back of my mind made my attempt at "humor"
too obscure. "Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men". "The
Shadow knows".

--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA
Professor of Voice, Pedagogy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9387 Re: My post Reg Boyle   Mon  2/12/2001   2 KB

emusic.com