Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Fri Feb 2, 2001  5:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] PED--The upper break

> Anyway, the part I am insecure about is not in ascending into
> the
> head voice, but rather descending from head down through the passagio
> both
> rapidly and frequently as in typical Handelian melismas. He would
> have to
> place the tessitura right on the break! Are there specific exercises
> that
> people use to strengthen and coordinate/train the appropriate muscles
> make this experience more secure and "automatic"? Should I just keep
> sirening?

Lots of questions for you here...
What exactly is happening when you descend thru the passaggio. What
Handel aria is it?
My suggestion is to imagine that you are *ascending* when you *descend*
all the time, and it should feel like it keeps more head voice in it.
What vowels do you do the sirens on? Do you modify in the passaggio?

Gina

emusic.com