Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Fri Jan 26, 2001  3:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] singing at own wedding?

Congratulations and best wishes! About your song: If you are writing
it, sing it! Just know that you will be nervous, plan for that, even
work it into your practice sessions. (Jog, jump up and down, pant, put
your hands in cold water and then *sing*!) If it's your song, probably
nobody else will do it just the way you want it to, it will be a special
moment you and your spouse will always remember.
People sing a variety of things at weddings from Ave Maria by Schubert
or the Bach/Gounoud version, to The Wedding Song to popular ballads.
Choose the text that speaks to your heart.

Hope this helps.
Gina

Stephanie Franklin wrote:

> >Hi everyone
>
> First of all I want to say that I have really enjoyed all the
> discussions.
> (i don't post a lot, mainly lurk)
> However I do have a question.
> Recently I got engaged and am due to be married soon.
> I am planning to write a song about our love for each other for the
> wedding, and I was wonding if it was a good idea for me to sing, or to
> get
> someone else to do it.
> I would love to do it, but also I know it will be a very stressful
> time.
> any idea on this?
> also, what music do people have at a wedding?
> (I'm so excited about this, and want to get it right)
> thanks for any help

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8778 Re: singing at own wedding? sopran@a...   Fri  1/26/2001   2 KB
8799 Re: singing at own wedding? Greypins@a...   Sat  1/27/2001   2 KB
8826 Re: singing at own wedding? Jennifer   Sat  1/27/2001   2 KB
8835 Re: singing at own wedding? Michael Eckford   Sat  1/27/2001   3 KB
8862 Re: singing at own wedding? Elizabeth Walker   Mon  1/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com