Vocalist.org archive

From:  Paul Ayres <paulayres@c...>
Paul Ayres <paulayres@c...>
Date:  Wed Jan 17, 2001  11:05 am
Subject:  new English songs for voice and piano

Dear Vocalisters

I'm a British composer & arranger, and I have just had a set of eight songs
published by Kallisti Music Press of Philadelphia (details follow). If you'd
like to consider these for your future repertoire, you can order direct from
Kallisti's website: http://www.kallisti.com - or you can find out more about my
work, and unpublished music, at mine: http://home.clara.net/paulayres

Thanks for reading this message!

Paul Ayres (London UK)
electronic mail paulayres@c...
website http://home.clara.net/paulayres

EIGHT SONGS (voice and piano)
Blow, blow, thou winter wind (Shakespeare)
The horn, the horn, the lusty horn (Shakespeare)
At the round earth's imagined corners (John Donne)
Since there's no help (Michael Drayton)
It is a good thing (Psalm 92)
To - (Wilfred Owen)
To Music (Gerald Manley Hopkins)
The Water of Tyne (traditional)

UPCOMING PERFORMANCES OF PAUL AYRES'S MUSIC (2001):

FEBRUARY chamber ensemble Synchronia (St Louis MO USA), directed by Tim Clark,
premiere "New Heidelberg Music" - an extended version of "Heidelberg Music"
(piano, violin, cello, clarinet) they commissioned last year
MARCH chamber choir Commotio perform "Purcell's Funeral Sentence" at Keble
College, Oxford (UK)
APRIL Gallions School, East London, premiere a musical based on the Tales of
the Arabian Nights (commissioned by the Arts Council's millennial "1000 artists
in 1000 places" scheme)
APRIL Canadian group Tornado Warning give the North American premiere of
Sonatina for violin and piano
JULY premiere of oratorio for choir, soloists, string quartet, trumpet, organ
and percussion (privately commissioned) - the life, death and resurrection of
Christ - St Peter's Festival Choir, directed by Steve Jones, at St Peter's
Church, London W5
[all details based on bona fide information supplied by performers - latest
info available at http://home.clara.net/paulayres]

emusic.com