Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  10:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Inside--outside confusion

Lloyd wrote:

> Just keep in mind that these are merely tuning devices. One is not
> really placing the voice in these locations and, more importantly,
> the tone is not coming from these tuning places.

But now that I was thinking of eating and drinking through my ear you tell
me that!

A good analogy is
> the way we tune a radio. The dial is only the tuning device, it is
> not the source of the sound but rather a device to more accurately
> adjust the sound producing mechanisms of the instrument. So it is
> for the voice.

How would a teacher try to place the tuning resonance beforehand: "Try to
place it in the ear lobe and let's see what happens". "Ok, now, try the left
eye"?

Bye,

Caio Rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5885 Re: Inside--outside confusion Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  10/24/2000   2 KB

emusic.com