Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary]To tell the truth... was Fudging One's Age

>From: sopran@a...
I guess I agree with Dr. Johnson that we must strive to be
>very meticulous about the truth--not because "one little lie" is in and of
>itself so bad, but because it can lead so easily to other larger and more
>harmful distortions of the truth.

Me, I like Mark Twain's thought on the subject: "Remember, the truth is a
precious thing, so we should use it as little as possible."

Elizabeth Finkler (who just leaves the year space blank)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse