Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 5, 2000  6:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Defending Upshaw, etc.

In a message dated 10/05/2000 7:11:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
RALUCOB@a... writes:
RALUCOB@a... writes:

<< it is the lack of intimacy, as i percieve it, in those operatic moments
that are so intimate. the idea of the first act of boheme ending without
the final 'amors' appeals to me for that very reason. >>

I really believe that "lack of intimacy" is more of a problem here in the US
than where opera began, which is in the MUCH smaller venues of Europe. In
theaters of that size, (wherever they may be located throughout the world) it
is much more at home as an art form. TinaO

emusic.com