Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  4:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vegetarianism and Allergies (and: Finding Balance)

In a message dated 09/19/2000 10:07:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
RALUCOB@a... writes:

<< i think you'd find ballet breathing (or lack thereof) even further from
operatic breathing than pilates. you might want to investigate Qi Gong
breathing. however, if you begin your support on the inhalation, this too,
will be foreign. >>

Well, I'm really not doing Pilates for breathing that much, although I feel
that it does reinforce the intake of breath correctly -- definite focus on
low breath and expansion of the ribcage. It's mainly a physical thing for
me. But I'll see what I can find out about Qi Gong....

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com