Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa Miller" <lmiller12@c...>
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  4:54 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Vegetarianism and Allergies (and: Finding Balance)

Babies (up to one year) should never have cow's milk. Breast milk is best
and when that is not an option formula is usually the second choice. I think
this is pretty standard for this country (US) - most docs will tell parents
no cows milk for one year.

She said it makes sense when you
consider that cows milk is designed for a baby of 80 to 100 lbs with
multiple stomachs, whereas a human baby is maybe 5 to 15 lbs. A baby goat
weights 4 to 6 lbs at birth (my guess from holding them) and would be much
more compatible to a human baby.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4286 OFF: Vegetarianism and Allergies Tako Oda   Wed  9/13/2000   3 KB

emusic.com