Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Aug 28, 2000  7:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Perceptions of the mezz-soprano sound

In a message dated 08/28/2000 12:25:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
mbryant@f... writes:

<< On the flip side, lately I've been gaining more and more facility with my
top notes. Every time I hit a high b or c particularly well, my teacher
makes a mock horrified face and says "Watch out! You might turn into a
soprano!" Then I smile and assure him that I'm just singing on the other
side of the hyphen...one of my favorite lines
(thank you, Chris!) >>

Have to give credit for that line (as well as everything else I do vocally!)
to my teacher back in MD (who, no matter where I go or what I do, will always
be my teacher!), Marianna Busching ....

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com