Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Wed Jun 28, 2000  10:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] renitis, jaw tension, back problems, etc

> > Anyway, what do you think of what he said about alergic renitis being
> caused
> > by not breathing through the nose and letting bacteria and fungi
> > proliferate?
>
> do you mean allergic rhinitis?

On the list, we have traditionally opted not to correct spelling mistakes,
due to politeness and practical reasons. Anyway, thanks for correcting me,
but pls do not be so cynical next time, just say: The correct spelling is
allergic rhinitis.
I was too tired to reach for my dictionary when I typed that in, and still
am, although I think you must be right. I'm much more careful when writing
formally, which is not the case here. And medical terms are a problem to all
non-native speakers: we hear them on E.R. but never see them in print :-),
so our first languages always get in the way. Besides that, not all
bilingual dictionaries have those terms. I'd have to buy specialized
dictionaries for each area I meant to chat about. That would be nonsense
and TOO EXPENSIVE )!

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com