Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider <snide76258@y...
Date:  Sun Feb 16, 2003  11:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Correct speaking

Alex-

I have had a few students that have had vocal problems (serious
enough to seek medical attention) and in each case it was speech-
related. One such student saw a speech therapist, with whom I had
contact. I had always been told that it was important to speak in a
higher register than normal. She informed me that current thinking
was that this was not the case.

If your teacher thinks that your speaking is a problem, then you
should go to a speech therapist and find out for sure.

--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, "alex69rox
<alex69rox@y...>" <alex69rox@y...> wrote:
> I am a barritone, I have been taking voice lessons for 6 months:
>
> Everytime I start speaking like my voice teacher tells me to, I
sound
> really weird, like Michael Jackson lol. I was just wondering if I
> must speak in such a high (girly) tone to preserve my voice? thanks!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22716 Re: Correct speakingSharon Szymanskisszymanski27514 Mon  2/17/2003
emusic.com