Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison" <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Feb 5, 2003  10:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Hi!

<alex69rox@y...>
> I have 2 questions:
1. I just got into voice lessons a few months ago, If I took voice lessons for
2 years how much would Improve! thank you!
2. How do I make my voice more smoother, it just seems to have
such a harsh tone!

Hi, Alex. It's good to have you on the list!

I think that if you have a good voice teacher, you and the teacher get good
communication going, and you put the time necessary into practicing and working
on the things you learn, you will improve a great deal in two years.

How you make your voice smoother? Work on the things you and your teacher have
identified that gets your voice sounding more free and clear. We can probably
provide a little more specific information if you tell us what your teacher has
said to you about making your voice smoother, or what you and your teacher are
working on together to improve your singing.

Also, it's fun to hear about people's goals for their singing. What are your
singing ambitions that you would like your voice study to help you achieve?

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com