Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sun Feb 2, 2003  6:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Question

In a message dated 2/2/2003 1:15:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnlink@n... writes:

> I'd like to know who is doing the crediting. It is absurd to believe
> that Mariah Carey, or anyone, for that matter, could posses a range
> greater than the piano.

I know it must sound flip, but honestly, who cares how super-wide a range is?
If a voice is beautiful, expressive, healthy and flexible, having 3 or 4, or
8 (!) octaves is great...if it is harsh or inflexible or unhealthy, even the
widest range is not something I want to hear in a performer. Just my gut
reaction to the topic. I know some may be impressed from a scientific
standpoint, but I'm not in that group.

Lynda Lacy-Boltz
Raleigh NC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22325 Re: QuestionEarl Presleyretromusician Sun  2/2/2003
emusic.com