Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  1:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The "Stupid Prince"??

Hi, Candace!
I'd have no reservations about revealing the name of the medication if I'm able
to dig up the info. An opera singer friend has spoken often to me about the
fact that Drs prescribe steroids of some sort for singers that prompt these
kinds of problems. It would be pretty important to have a Dr who knows and
handles singers rather than one who will prescribe anything to get the stressed
person off their hands.
As for "The Stupid Prince", I personally admire that musical and have heard
singers use that term to describe it. The Prince was no rocket scientist!
"Serenade" was a successful audition piece for a couple of tenor students of
mine in the past. It makes blue rinse take on a whole new patina!
Ed

emusic.com