Vocalist.org archive

From:  TheSinatraGuy@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 27, 2003  3:38 pm
Subject:  Sherrill Milnes healing advice

Hi group,

I wanted to give you some great advice that I received from Sherrill
Milnes in a master class. Mr. Milnes said that you shouldn't sing
for 24 hours after a performance. He said that the chords get
swollen and out of shape, and it takes 24 hours for them to heal.
He was so steadfast about his advice that he didn't sing one note
during the class. I suck on a lot of ice cubes now, which I hope
is good? I have also heard that taking any medication that numbs
the throat can damage your chords? Does anyone else have any
good tips for protecting your vocal chords?

Steve
P.S. I attribute vitamin C for keeping my chords strong, and I take
it every day.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22184 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceAxwell@a...  Mon  1/27/2003
22188 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing advicebuzzcen@a...buzzcen2000 Mon  1/27/2003
22189 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceJohn Linkjohnlink010254 Mon  1/27/2003
22190 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceedsmed969 <michael.gum@d...>edsmed969 Mon  1/27/2003
22202 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceMichael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Tue  1/28/2003
22203 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing advicekriswrite@a...vintageconnection Tue  1/28/2003
22208 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceTheSinatraGuy@a...thesinatraguy Tue  1/28/2003
22222 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing adviceNaomi Gurt Lind  Tue  1/28/2003
22226 Re: Sherrill Milnes healing advicekriswrite@a...vintageconnection Tue  1/28/2003
emusic.com