Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  9:21 pm
Subject:  Re: Repertoire Query

Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...> wrote:
>> I assume you mean soprano high B flats... How about "Bati, bati"
>> from Don Giovanni?
>
> The soprano certainly doesn't need high B flats for "Batti,
> batti". I've sung the Zerlina part in that duet, and it
> wasn't high for me at all - I don't think it gets higher than an F.

Dear Karen,

Sorry for my sloppy spelling (please don't beat me ;-), but I think
you may be thinking of the wedding duet (where the high note is a
just a G, I believe), not Zerlina's scene apologizing to Masetto,
where he is taciturn. There are two quick runs up to Bb towards the
end. Don't have the score in front of me, but I'm pretty sure...

-Tako

emusic.com