Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Mon Dec 9, 2002  5:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Too many low notes?

John,

Now that I think about it, I remember one lesson with my teacher some years
ago. He had me sing a low note passage of some aria "...and try to sound as
baritonal as you can possibly manage..." Afterwards, he said "Good, now
don't ever sing that way again!" Reminds me of some of your methods, John.

This advice is similar to that which a voice teacher friend of mine has just
written to me privately. Thanks.

GWendel

At 12:18 AM 12/9/02 -0500, John Link wrote:
>GWendel, in response to your latest post I wonder how you would feel
>after singing several hymns and responses and whatever else from the
>service on your own, away from the baritones. I have a hunch that you
>are trying to be louder than you know how to be, and straining as you
>do so.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21373 Re: Too many low notes?John Link johnlink010254 Mon  12/9/2002
21374 Re: Too many low notes?John Link johnlink010254 Mon  12/9/2002

emusic.com