Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Anna Carina Sundstedt" <anna-carina@m...>
Date:  Fri Jun 2, 2000  11:43 am
Subject:  La Traviata Live on television

Hi Vocalisters.

You might be aware of the upcoming sensation: La Traviata live from Paris - on
tv!
For those of you who haven´t heard of it here are some details:

10 years ago film producer Andrea Andermann set up Tosca - live on tv. The
opera was filmed in Rome on the exact locations on the exact hours (according
to the operalibretto). It was a huge succes and thousands and others thousands
of viewers around the world watched the live performance.
Now Andrea Andermann will repeat the succes and let us watch La Traviata.
With a first class orchestra like RAI National Symphonic Orcestra and conductor
Zubin Metha we must expect the music to be in very good hands.
I don´t know what tv-channels worldwide will show the opera, but I know that
here in Denmark we will watch it at these hours :
Saturday 3 June: 1. act at 21.25 PM
Sunday 4 June: 2. act at 12.45 PM
Sunday 4 June: 3. act at 20.55 PM
Sunday 4 June: 4. act at 23.25 PM

Here is the cast:
Violetta: Eteri Gvazava (From Russia. This is her world-debut. It is said that
she as a fantastic voice and an extraordinary scenic intensity.)
Alfredo: Josè Cura
Germont: Rolando Panerai
(I´m sorry, but those are the only names I could find for now)
The director is Patroni Guiseppe Griffi, who have set up - among others - Cosi
Fan Tutte at The Scala in Milan.
Photographer is Vittorio Storaro, who filmed "The last Emperor" and a lot of
Bernardo Bertoluccis´ films.

Here are the locations (all in & just outside Paris - of course!):
1. act: Hôtel de Boisgelin (today the Italian Embassy in France)
2. act: Le Hameau de la Reina in Versailles (where Marie Antionette spent her
holidays a.s.o.)
3. act: Petit Palais (one of Paris´ great artmuseums)
4. act: An apartment on Ile Saint Louis

Well, this was what I could find out. There are surely more informations to get
on the net, but I don´t know the adress.
I am really looking forward to this event and I hope you will have the time and
possibility to watch it too.
Let´s have a talk about the opera in the coming week! I think it would be very
exciting to discuss the performance of the cast and the entire filmproduction
with all of you.

Bye, bye
Anna Carina
Danish Soprano

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2085 Re: La Traviata Live on television Dr Colin D Reed   Fri  6/2/2000   2 KB
2091 Re: La Traviata Live on television ODivaTina@a...   Fri  6/2/2000   2 KB
2104 Re: La Traviata Live on television Jennifer   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2105 Re: La Traviata Live on television LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2108 Re: La Traviata Live on television kandahar   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2111 Re: La Traviata Live on television Jennifer   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2109 Re: La Traviata Live on television ODivaTina@a...   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2115 Re: La Traviata Live on television Bob Kravitz   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB
2118 Re: La Traviata Live on television kandahar   Sat  6/3/2000   2 KB

emusic.com