Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...>
Date:  Thu Nov 7, 2002  2:24 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Why am I tense for my high notes?

I am having such a problem hitting high notes for some
reason. At school, I can barely get up to a E above
high C. And anything above g feels like I am
pushing, or struggling. However at home, I have no
problem with high notes, I am not tense or anything.
I dont know what my problem is.
2 years ago, I was vocalising up to f# above high c
with no problem. Since then I have changed voice
teachers, (not by my own will), and it was downhill
from there.
Could this be an effect of stress or I dont know,
something else...
Please give me your thoughts and some possible remedies.

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20775 Re: Why am I tense for my high notes?Naomi Gurt Lind   Thu  11/7/2002
20776 Re: Why am I tense for my high notes?Karen Mercedes   Thu  11/7/2002
20778 Re: Why am I tense for my high notes?James bandbau Thu  11/7/2002
20785 Re: Why am I tense for my high notes?dramcol71 dramcol71 Fri  11/8/2002

emusic.com