Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 9, 2002  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] long rambling thoughts from a small town voice teacher

I have to second Karen's comment about the level of
student. When I first started teaching I taught
middle schoolers and had to use my voice quite a bit.
In addition, I had to demonstrate a tone that was like
theirs, which was really hard on my voice. As my
teaching has progressed and I now teach more advanced
college students, that does automatically eliminate
some of the need to use my voice. However, if you
like to teach beginners (which I still occasionally do
and often am surprised to find them the most
rewarding) you can still minimize the use of your
voice.

Also, a strong second to the idea of pursuing the acid
idea and also going to a good speech therapist, both
of which I have done. The doctor found nothing, but
the speech therapist opened my eyes to a couple of
habits that I needed to change.

Melinda

http://faith.yahoo.com

emusic.com