Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Robert Edgar" <redgar@b...>
Date:  Sun Sep 29, 2002  10:38 pm
Subject:  Re - Looking for ideas

Dear all,
Thank you for your wonderful response to a problem I have with my
31year old student. To date, as a result of lack of time, I have not drawn
any conclusions yet from your discussions, but I certainly have lots to
think about. This student has been with me since she was16 but she had a 6
year break inbetween when she moved to another town. The students parents
are also very wooden people so whatever I do from your suggestions may not
work but I will certainly try everything I can think of to break this mould.
One of you suggested Michael Head's 'Loves Lament' which she has learnt, but
even this did not do the trick. One of you also suggested that this problem
can arise from carrying 'baggage'. This may be part of the students problem
also as her eldest sister developed a mental illness and her brother was
killed a few years ago, all of which could be causing some block to
expressing emotion. Since I am not a psychologist, I find it difficult to
know if this is the problem and how to break her out of it without upsetting
her. I'll keep plugging away in the meantime and let you know if I become
successful with your help. Thank you once again.
Robyn
Australia

emusic.com