Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shannon <Cantante@x...>
Date:  Wed May 31, 2000  11:32 pm
Subject:  local = bad ??

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Jacqueline/Connie wrote:

> ps: you're right...hometown gigs are hard to come
> by. I don't know why they think someone from out
> of town is automatically better. It's often just not
> the case.

I don't think it's so much that the locals aren't any good. I think
it's more that the apparent prestige of the performance goes way up if
an artist from far away can be lured into town to perform with the First
Community Church of Podunk's choir. Getting someone to drive across
town to perform with your group is one thing -- getting someone to fly
across country MUST perforce mean that yours is a community group to
reckon with ;>

I've only half-jokingly considered trading opportunities with another
singer who lives far away -- I'll sing your community, and you sing mine
:)

Shannon Smith cantante@x...

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,