Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cosi Fan Tutti" <palace@g...>
Date:  Sun Sep 22, 2002  7:40 pm
Subject:  Chest to Head Voice

I have been singing in my chest voice all the way up to C5. I am not sure how
to flip up to head voice or where to make the transition. This makes the
pitches loud and stacatto, and I guess it causes stress on the voice. You
mentioned using the quality of sound that one uses in their speaking voice and I
agree, if the vocalist has proper placement. Maria Callas had a beautiful voice
to me, as if she were just using her speaking voice yet singing with ease.
Julie

Message: 10