Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Mon Sep 16, 2002  1:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] myth or fact?

Hi everyone!
I have heard several people talk about pregnancy and the effect it has on the
voice, especially classical singers. I have heard several people say that after
you have the child, you have to start to re-train the voice to be where you were
before the pregnancy. I am not sure if this is true or not, and I would
appreciate anyone's thoughts on it. Or if you happen to come across a website
about it that would be great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jodie,
I stumbled across the following as the result of a google search for " singing
while pregnant."
check the following articles posted on http://www.operamom.com/
The site has a bulletin board which may be of interest.

http://www.operamom.com/voiceandbreastfeeding.html

http://www.operamom.com/voiceandpregnancy.html

http://www.operamom.com/journal.html a pregnangt singer's journal

There are some excellent links for all singers from the site.
Cindy Donnell

emusic.com