Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Jul 22, 2002  4:41 am
Subject:  Continuing Vocal Education.

Then you have missed the point Mike that tonal continuum,
as with every aspect of good singing, is a continuous process.
:) I don't know how old you are Mike but from what you write
it seems you have serious doubts as to your comprehension
as well. Not a criticism just a reasonable expectation.
Next question...who knows what support is? Get the point?
Some may never know.

As a completely different observation I watched a young lady
gasp her way through an aria the other evening with her upper
chest cage pumping in and out as she went. She made a
reasonable sound but unless I've been reading the wrong
books, her technique was little short of dangerous. My own
experience also tells me that a man cannot expect to sing
using that same technique so observation is highly
educational and once again a life-time study.

I'm so pleased you informed me it was NOT an insult.

At 10:08 AM 21/07/02 -0400, you wrote:
>reg said:
>
> "As one
>who has striven all his vocal life to smooth this chest
>to head transition, I have found it goes hand in glove with
>efficient technique."
>
>reg,
>
> if you new what efficient technique was, it wouldn't have taken your
>whole life to smooth out that transition (not an insult, just an
>observation).

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19726 Re: Continuing Vocal Education.Greypins@a...   Mon  7/22/2002
19727 Re: Continuing Vocal Education.Reg Boyle   Mon  7/22/2002
19733 Re: Continuing Vocal Education.Greypins@a...   Mon  7/22/2002

emusic.com