Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Thu Jul 18, 2002  6:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 'deal with the devil', was: Use of Chest Voice (WAS re: classical training)

mike wrote:

> i think you misunderstand. i have long since left that golf swing behind.

I understood that. I was suggesting looking for a way to direct the
force used to hurt your elbow into the ball so that it would go even
further than with the painful swing. I.e., modify the painful swing
into one with more comfort AND greater distance. It would be somewhat
analogous to having the front end of your car aligned so that the
force of the engine would be used more for propelling the car forward
and less for wearing out the tires and bearings. (I say "somewhat
analogous" because the alignment in a swing, as in all human action,
is a dynamic process rather than a static arrangement, as it is in a
car's front end.)

> when i was making that swing, before the pain started, the feeling in
>my body (including my elbow) of making the swing was also glorious.

Even in the elbow? Very interesting.

> but,
>like taking 'entertainment drugs' or drinking to excess, the glory is
>short-lived and one must decide to either move on or, die.

Yup.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs: