Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amy Hespenheide <nevadamezzo@y...>
Date:  Mon May 29, 2000  3:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] bring on the stridency! (was: CHRISTINE)

--- Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...> wrote:

> Heh, heh... I'll fly the flag of brilliance high, even
> though I'll admit that the soft-grained voices are
> lovely to listen to. I just prefer a "bite" to
> operatic voices (while I'm quite willing to listen to
> a Swenson or an early music singer as background or
> soothe music, and find that soft voices are wonderful
> in art song, like Barbara Bonney).

Hi Isabelle!
Did you by any chance see the production of "Turandot" at the SF Opera
in the 1998-1999 season? I think the soprano was Eva Marton. I
wondered what you thought of her, if you saw it, because I found her
very hard-edged, though certainly able to cut through the orchestra.

Amy Hespenheide
Reno, NV