Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singercogs" <stedco@e...>
Date:  Sun Jun 16, 2002  7:59 am
Subject:  Re: Vowel Mirror

Lloyd,

I went to Radio Shack today and concocted a Coffin Vowel Mirror.
(Acutally I had one of the techies at the theater solder it together
for me.) I played around with it when I got home, but as it was
past midnight and I live in an apartment, I wasn't able to test my
newly fine-tuned vowels with singing.

What I already love about the Vowel Mirror is it's linked to sound,
rather than the visuals of a computer screen with the power
spectrum. I felt the process of fine tuning the resonators to find
the sympathetic vibrations with the Vowel Mirror was more
similar, and hence I supsect more immediately applicable, to
the actual process of singing, as opposed to the more abstract
power spectrum and vocal fry (although I see great merit in that
process as well). I also feel it is going to make my ear more
sophisticated in listening for the overtones present in my sound
when things are tuned properly.

Not bad for $14.87!!!!

I know I will have a lot of fun with this. Many, many thanks!

Steven Cogswell

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19417 Article on vocal chord repairthomas mark montgomery   Sun  6/16/2002
19420 Re: Article on vocal chord repairLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/16/2002

emusic.com