Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sat Apr 20, 2002  1:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Opera for young voices

If this is true, Blanche Thebom should be confined to the same region of
Dante's Inferno as Susan Dunn's agent. May they burn long and prosper.
Caveat emptor.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Christine Thomas wrote:

> christine,
>
> is this for real or, is this one of your very twisted jokes?
>
> Mike, it's not actually called "Opera for the Prepubescent," but it is an
> opera workshop for ages girls ages 10-14 (I think that's the top age).
> Seriously.
>
> Christine Thomas,
> Mezzo Soprano
>
> "I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com