Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Apr 16, 2002  6:38 pm
Subject:  Songs on Grimm fairy tales???

Hi all,
I got the assignment yesterday that for my Vocal
Literature class I need to pick a song for class that
would be an appriopriate encore of "set ender" that
reflects my ethnic heritage. I have German, English,
Irish and Welsh blood in me. My maternal
grandmother's family is from Germany and her maiden
name was Grimm. I know I'm stretching it, but there
is a possibility that I'm somehow related to those
famed Grimm brothers, though Grimm might be as common
there as Smith is in the US. Now on to my question.
I'd like to do a song on a Grimm fairy tale text. I
could sing it in German or if any of the British Isle
composers set one of those fairy tale texts, I'd love
to know about it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor

18758 Re: Songs on Grimm fairy tales???Laura Ruiz   Tue  4/16/2002
18765 Re: Songs on Grimm fairy tales???Trevor Allen   Wed  4/17/2002
18762 Re: Songs on Grimm fairy tales???Karen Mercedes   Wed  4/17/2002

emusic.com