Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Apr 4, 2002  1:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Male/Female registers (was: how do you define 'head voice'?)

In a message dated 4/4/2002 6:42:34 AM Central Standard Time,
dgrogan@e... writes:

> Randy,
>
> This reminds me of something you recently said that confused me. You
> mentioned in an earlier post that higher airflow (or was it higher air
> pressure) rates was a cause of laryngeal raising, or something to that
> effect. Would you mind explaining this to me. As always, I appreciate
> your
> posts.
>
> David Grogan
> Marshall, Texas

The higher airflow rate requires the recruitement of extrinsic musculature
for the folds to resist the excessive blast. This in turn leads to more
subglottic pressure.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18486 Re: Male/Female registers (was: how do you defineDavid   Thu  4/4/2002

emusic.com