Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Mar 8, 2002  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 2 ?'s from a new list member

ccgraham7 wrote:

> I read a book about a year ago that talked about registration and
> passagi, which I'm assuming Melinda is referring to, but I did not
> really "get it." Would someone on this list mind explaining these
> concepts in simple terms? Also, how can I discover for myself where
> the transitions occur in my own voice? (any exercises or anything?)

I think the best way to "get it" is in your own voice, or
through someone demonstrating the sound of the different
registrations to you. In addition to the good information
you'll get here, I recommend that you ask your teacher who
can help you relate the technical terms to how your own
voice works.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...