Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Wed Mar 6, 2002  4:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

In a message dated 3/5/2002 8:52:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, sopran@a...
writes:

> Whose results are they, really? I'm an excellent student. I pay attention,
> listen well, and apply what I've learned creatively. The results are mine,
> not my teacher's. She has shown me how to get where I am, but I produced
> the

I agree with you 100%, completely! It is actually not so much that a voice
teacher teaches, as guides each student to find the answers to their own
vocal issues for themselves, and encourages, and in some cases, steers those
discoveries to what sounds right to the teacher's (hopefully) knowledgeable
ear. The student is the ultimate teacher of themselves, as they are the ones
who have to be the diagnostician under the circumstances of practice and
performance. The teacher is not out there singing for them, ever. How scary
it is for the student if they don't take this ownership for their technique!
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17813 Re[2]: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?Vicki Bryant   Wed  3/6/2002
17821 Doctoral programs in pedagogyImthurn Melinda   Thu  3/7/2002
18143 Re: Doctoral programs in pedagogysnide76258   Wed  3/20/2002

emusic.com