Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 1, 2002  4:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

In a message dated 02/01/2002 9:22:59 AM Central Standard Time, szy@n...
writes:

<< The thought that classical singers would sing only in head voice is
fallacious. Some less well-trained singers may indeed sing primarily in
their high register, and they would indeed benefit from learning to
incorporate the lower. >>

Exactly! I don't even like to tell people, "Sing this in head" or "Sing this
in chest," which I hear from choral directors and some voice teachers from
time to time. The voice should be seamless from top to bottom and you can't
achieve that by separating the registers.

[Hey, Sharon, are you going to San Diego in July for NATS? Sorry rest of
list - didn't feel like writing a separate e-mail!) :)

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com