Vocalist.org archive

From:  lolipastor@a...
Date:  Wed Jan 30, 2002  7:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Female voice change?

Elly, the same thing happened to me. Don't worry. I was a very high soprano
from birth to about age 17. Then I noticed my top getting less secure.
Starting around age 16, I began to lose my F, and year by year I lost more
and more notes. Now I'm a very happy mezzo -- I LOVE my easy low range...
heck, I'd be happy as a tenor. Yes, the top is a little frustrating. I'm
just now bringing back high B's into my repertoire... although the very quick
touch of a high C at the end of Stephano's aria isn't a problem.. it's just
when I have to hold them out for any length of time that they give me
trouble...

Don't freak out, and don't tense up as you try to regain these notes. This
is what I did, and I caused problems for myself... Just express your concern
to your teacher and if he/she knows what he/she is doing, he/she will lead
you on the right path.

Lauren

emusic.com