Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  11:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] i need recommendations

In a message dated 1/28/2002 12:04:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Greypins@a... writes:

> this is what i need...i need a recorder for my studio. it has to
> be
> portable. the sound has to be 'acceptable' (oh please, don't let that
> start
> another thread) but, it doesn't have to be great. it has to be digital.
> want to use it to record my students and play it back to them right away.
> oh, it has to be cheap. am i living in a fairy tale or, does such a thing
> exist? (basically, i'm sick of cheap cassette players dying every once in

I LOOOOVE my Sony minidisc recorder. The prices have come down in the last
year. . .you might be able to get a set-up for $250 (I spent $400 for
recorder and microphone last spring; and I'm still happy with it.)
You just plug it into your aux/in on your stereo, and play it on the speakers
that way. It sounds terrific; I use if for making demo tapes in good sounding
rooms, even. You can dump it directly onto tape, or use it to burn another
CD. It is super portable, about the size of a deck of cards. I highly
recommend it.
TinaO

emusic.com