Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  3:23 am
Subject:  CÁSSIA ELLER+EDSON CORDEIRO+ELIS REGINA

I'd like you to say what you think opinion about these Brazilian singers:

Edson Cordeiro:
http://www.allbrazilianmusic.com/en/artists/Artists.asp?Status=ARTISTA&Nu_Ar
tista=195

I once asked Tako to check him out, but he could only find Cordeiro's later
stuff. His two first CDs (1992/1994 )had a lot of classical repertoire
audioclips on the linked page ), including a crossover version ( 1992 ) of
"The Queen of the Night", where he does the female voice while Cássia Eller
does the male voice singing Stones' "Satisfaction".

Is he what you'd call a falsettoist or a countertenor?

Elis Regina:
http://www.allbrazilianmusic.com/en/artists/Artists.asp?Status=ARTISTA&Nu_Ar
tista=204

She died 20 years ago and is still considered our best female pop singer
ever. She's Björk's favorite singer, and they were said to have the same
intensity when singing ( I actually agree on that, but I think that
comparison is acceptable ). I wonder what you Vocalisters might think of
her.

Thanks,

Caio

P.S.: John Link asked how to listen to Eller's audioclips: I have no clue,
but as you said you have a Mac and they suggest Windows Media Player 6.4 or
higher, it may not be able to do it, I guess.

emusic.com