Vocalist.org archive

From:  "lucialammermoor" <elisabethkisselstein@h...>
Date:  Thu Jan 17, 2002  3:16 am
Subject:  Repetoire lists for auditions

Greetings to all - I'm coming out of lurkdom to seek advice on
setting up a typed repetoire list to hand out at auditions. I realize
one is expected to have around 5 arias in an audition package with the
various languages and styles represented, but would you also put down
other rep you might have brought with you "just in case"? What about a
role you might have had to prep just for the audition? Our opera
workshop coach recommended that "once we get going" we should have
around 10 arias ready to go - any thoughts on this number? How about
including operetta and musical theater - or monologues? Any
organizational thoughts (other than by language. I'm thinking within
each language) would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Lisa Kisselstein
elisabethkisselstein@h...