Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 8, 2002  8:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

In a message dated 1/8/2002 1:47:12 PM Central Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

> Randy:
> >
> > The Beatles revolutionized pop music on a mass level by bringing in
> > influences and sounds that have never been heard before on such a large
> > level. There impact and influence can still be heard today. They also
> were
> > a very important part of a movement that put the singer/songwriter at the
>
> > forefront which is still the benchmark for credibility ... that is why
> bsb,
> > etc., don't have any.
>
> Randy, again, that's sociological/historical importance, not musical.
> Hitler was much more influential but I don't see how he could be
> reverenced.

Wow, thanks for enlightening. I thought I was (especially in the first part
of my post) talking about their music. You are so right about this, now I
too hate them just as you do ... not.

BTW, the Beatles were never a boy band. Boy bands are contrived creations of
producer's and managers that don't come together on their own.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com