Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Wed Nov 28, 2001  5:31 am
Subject:  One of those days :(

Today has been a "should have stayed in bed" day. In my voice class
I learned today that next semester my teacher isn't giving me a full
hour, but now only 30 minutes per week because she has a large
waiting list. I'm the only voice major here in this college (very
small college), so I guess she wants to rack up on money. Right now
all I have is an hour a week, when other students that can afford
better colleges get at least some other sessions with their teachers.
Now I'm going to have only HALF an hour per week??? This is basically
closing off most opportunities I have at any improvement at all!

I'm in a horrible stalemate... if I could afford a better college,
I WOULD have transferred a long time ago, but my resources are -very-
limited and as a foreigner I don't have a right to any financial aid
in the larger colleges. I'm stumped, as I only know of one other
teacher in Asheville, NC ( don't have a car so I can't go anywhere
outside of Asheville), but the music chair did not approve my
studying with them as he deemed them 'not a good professor'. But it
is delightful considering the fact that the chair hasn't moved a
single finger to help me, except to suggest I try another college
even after I've but shoved my financial statement papers up somewhere
nasty.

And that was just the start of the day. I'll spare you the details,
but right now I wish I HAD slept in. Oy vey.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15563 Re: One of those days :( arado_ge@y...   Wed  11/28/2001   3 KB
15588 Re: One of those days :( peggyh@i...   Thu  11/29/2001   4 KB

emusic.com