Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
"PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Thu Nov 22, 2001  10:51 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] perfect pitch

When I was in high school, our choir director had us perform almost
everything a capella. And so each day's session started out with a warm-up
from an A. He'd get us quiet, ask for that first note, and only then go to
the piano and play it. After a while, you can bet we were hitting it quite
accurately.

Did this mean we ended up with perfect pitch? No, I believe that A was
merely a touchstone from which everything else was relative. I'm sure it
had something to do with our ending up as the state's top choir, though.

PJ.