Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Nov 21, 2001  5:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] looking for song

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, John Link wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> >I think that a great example of a religous song that is not sacred
> >is one by John Prine called "Good Old Dashboard Jesus". Come to
> >think of it, I'm not sure it even qualifies as religious!
>
> The correct title, if my memory is reliable, is "Good Old Plastic
> Jesus". He was on the dashboard but there's no "dashboard" in the
> title.

Ah, yes - brings back memories... "I don't care if it rains or freezes, as
long as I got my plastic Jesus sittin' on the dashboard of my car...."

Verse 2 was about "Magnetic Mary", who kept Plastic Jesus company on the
dashboard.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

---
Hillaire Belloc's flawed but insightful essay on Islam:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsyl., 1759

emusic.com