Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Mon Nov 12, 2001  8:31 pm
Subject:  Re: Question for techies on the list

I use RealJukebox (available for free download at
www.real.com). You can specify in the options what
quality (i.e. how big a file size you want) you want
to record at and what format (.mp3, .wav, etc.).

Now, if you want to chop the file up (e.g. only send
out a 30 or 60 second clip) it gets a little more
complicated. I did that recently with some sound files
and ended up having to use several programs -
RealJukebox to record to a .wav file; SoundForge demo
to chop it up; then since the SoundForge demo won't
allow you to save I used TotalRecorder to record the
chopped up file (it records directly from the sound
card), then since TotalRecorder only records in .wav
files and they're rather large, I used the freeware
Wav to MP3 Encoder to make them into small .mp3s. A
rather laborious process, but in the end I had some
nice 45 second clips that were small enough to send
out via email.

Jennifer

--- Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...> wrote:
--- Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...> wrote:
> Any techies out there know who to make a computer
> sound file
> from a CD?
>
> My church choir cut a CD (just for ourselves and
> church
> members), and I am very pleased with how it came
> out, and
> want to try to make a small sound file to send over
> the
> computer. Can anybody tell me how to do this, what
> softare
> I might need?
>
> I have a couple-of-years-old 200 MH super pentium
> with lots
> of free hard-disk drive space, running Windows 98.
> I forget
> what my RAM is.
>
> Peggy
>
> --
> Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA
> "Music for a While Shall All Your Cares Beguile"
> mailto:peggyh@i...

Build your own website in minutes and for free at http://ca.geocities.com

emusic.com