Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  promero@w...
Date:  Mon Nov 12, 2001  9:12 am
Subject:  My first solo :p

I thought I'd post my recent bits of good news :P I auditioned at
Cantaria for the tenor solo in "Winter Light: A Solstice Koan" by
Skirvin (it's written for a tenor solo and a choir of male voices),
and I got the Solo :). It's a little bit of a self-esteem boost for
me... and I've noticed that every time there is someone at the piano
for me I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with my passaggio... but every
time I sit down to study at the piano... QUACK, I tense up and no
matter how hard I try to relax, I'm more clenched up than Scrooge
McDuck's fingers around a penny. But today everything went just
dandy... and I'm bouncy just hearing how much I've improved since the
summer (where I was forced to sing that dreadful Ave Maria <Gounod>
at my cousin's wedding :p I'll have to ask them to get married again
so I can sing it better this time). I realize I'm light-years from
being at ankle-legnth to the pros in this board :p well, here I go...
maybe I'll be onstage in 20 years :p
The scary bit is we'll be singing for the Mayor on Dec 1st. ;) Oh
well, time to start eating up the solo. I just wanted to bounce
around a bit saying "whee" :)

emusic.com