Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
"Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Fri Nov 9, 2001  10:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] layers of sound anyone?

> here is the url for a site you can download, for free, a spectral
> analysis program http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram/voice.html
> 'vocevista' real time is the free download

Thanks for the URL, great fun. Also very confirmatory of things I already
knew, admittedly with the useless built-in mic on the laptop. And as a
physicist completely fascinating.

Things it told me :-
I have a vibrato of about 10 Hz.
I swoop up to notes from below, even when singing down a scale, oops !!
This one I'd like feedback on -
Harmonics present up to about the 6th or 7th, then a black hole and the
harmonics return at about the 12th through to the 15th. Particularly on an
'o' vowel (as in orange). (Note: this will be very different from the female
voice since the higher frequency takes the harmonics off scale before
getting to anywhere near the 12th. I don't expect female singers will have
seen anything similar.)

Kevin
(Now I just need the digital projector to fire it onto a wall !!)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
15257 Re: layers of sound anyone? John Link   Sun  11/11/2001   2 KB

emusic.com