Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 19, 2001  5:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:soloist voice singing in the choir

In a message dated 10/19/2001 10:00:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
LMorgan923@t... writes:

<< I have a friend who is one of the best choral conductors I know. I
complimented him on the blend he achieved with his choir and he said he
never, ever mentions blend. He just encourages his singers to sing with the
most relaxed, open sound they can and the blend happens.

And consistent vowels! I think that's more than half the battle. If you
make sure that your singers are all singing the same [o] or [u] (especially
the latter in the midwest!), you won't have to worry about errant vibratos.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>