Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  ejmichel@p...
ejmichel@p...
Date:  Sat Sep 15, 2001  1:35 pm
Subject:  NY Philharmonic Memorial Concert Program

below please find an email from the New York Philharmonic about their
Memorial Concert Program this coming Thursday Sept 20th.

ejmichel@p...
ejmichel@p...
The finest singing, given a good voice to begin with,
comes from the constant play of a fine mind
upon the inner meaning of the music. - Ernest Newman

As we wrote you yesterday, due to Tuesday's tragic events the New York
Philharmonic has cancelled its September 20 Opening Night Concert and Gala
and instead will be performing a Memorial Concert at Avery Fisher Hall,
September 20 at 7 pm.

We are now writing to let you know that Music Director Kurt Masur has
chosen Brahms' A German Requiem as the work to be performed at this
Memorial Concert. Joining Kurt Masur and the New York Philharmonic will
be the renowned American singers Heidi Grant Murphy and Thomas Hampson, the
New York Choral Artists, and The American Boychoir.

Here are the complete program details:

Kurt Masur, conductor
Heidi Grant Murphy, soprano
Thomas Hampson, baritone
New York Choral Artists, Joseph Flummerfelt, director
The American Boychoir, Vincent Metallo, director

BRAHMS: A German Requiem, op. 45

Tickets are available through CenterCharge (212-721-6500), online at
http://www.nyphilharmonic.org/september.htm, or in person at the Avery
Fisher Hall Box Office, 65th Street and Broadway.

Net concert proceeds will be donated to World Trade Center disaster relief.

emusic.com